Gabriel Monnet, 22 years old, is graduate of the Centre d'enseignement professionnel de Vevey (CEPV, 2017-2021). He started photography at the age of 8 by making blinds to wait to be able to photograph different types of birds and animals. He is interested in photo-journalism, documentary and portrait photography. So far, he has covered events such as: The Summer Paralympic Games of Tokyo 2020 (2021), The Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lausanne (2020), the 19th FINA World Championships in Budapest, the visit of Pope Francis in Geneva (2018), the Nordic Ski World Championships in Seefeld, Austria (2019), various events with the presence of climate activist Greta Thunberg, the Laver Cup tennis tournament in Geneva (2019), as well as various portraits of personalities, swiss politicians and athletes.
Currently, he works as freelance photographer for national and international newspapers, magazines or agencies and for private clients (weddings, corporate, in-compagny reporting,...).
- Grant recipient Doug Pensinger Photography Found (2023)
- 3x Finalist of the World Sports Photography Awards + Special merit (2023)
- 2nd prize of the "Swiss Press Photo 23", Sport category(2023)
- 3x Finalist of the World Sports Photography Awards (2022)
- 1st prize of the "Swiss Press Photo 22", Sport category(2022)
- 1st prize of the "Prix Sept" of photojournalism (2021)
- 1st prize of the Young -18 YEARS award at the Festival Nature de l'Ain in France (2017)
- 92%, 2019.
- Breaking News, 2021.